All OnStar services and Wi-Fi services will cease to be available on December 31st, 2020.
Many car brands talk about innovation but this one-of-a-kind system is revolutionary, 24/7, 365 days a year, Vauxhall OnStar puts you in touch with an individual, not a machine. With OnStar you have access to a host of innovations, from Vehicle Diagnostics and Smartphone Function to a fully integrated 4G Wi-Fi Hotspot. In the event of an accident, Vauxhall OnStar even automatically calls for help*. OnStar is available as an option for virtually every new Vauxhall passenger car and even comes standard with selected trim levels.
WI-FI HOTSPOT. YOUR CAR IS ONLINE.
Broadband hotspots are part of our lives – so it’s about time we had hotspots in cars. You’ll be amazed what a difference powerful 4G Wi-Fi* makes, especially when the whole family’s on board. Your kids will love it, but you’ll love it more.
- Enjoy all the benefits of fast and stable Internet access on board.
- Smartphones, laptops, tablets and more – the 4G Wi-Fi Hotspot* supports up to seven devices.
- The extra-powerful OnStar aerial* provides a fast and stable connection to high-speed Internet services.
For your Wi-Fi Hotspot you will get a free data trial period of 3 months or 3 GB (whatever comes first). After the trial, you can purchase Wi-Fi Hotspot data packages separately. Please contact Brindley Vauxhall for more information and guidance.
AUTOMATIC CRASH RESPONSE. WE'RE ON OUR WAY.
When you’re faced with an emergency, there’s no time to lose. That’s when OnStar* really proves its worth. If you’re involved in a crash and can’t call for help, it reacts automatically so that you aren’t left to cope on your own.
- Automatic Crash Response activates the moment your airbag inflates.
- The system simultaneously opens a direct line to a specially trained OnStar advisor who will talk to you in your chosen language via the hands-free speakerphone, even if the incident happens abroad.
- At the same time, OnStar relays your essential vehicle status data to the Service Centre, including your exact location, direction of travel, and which crash sensors have been activated.
- Depending on your situation the OnStar advisor will notify the emergency services immediately to set off to the site of the accident if need be.
In the event of a medical emergency affecting you or your passengers, you can opt to contact OnStar yourself.
- Simply press the SOS Button for a direct line to a service advisor.
- Depending on what help you need, the advisor sends details of your exact location to the relevant emergency services, who will immediately come to your aid.
How far can I go before it’s time to fill up? What about tyre pressures? And where on earth did I park the car? The OnStar Smartphone Function* gives you the answers before you step out of your front door. It includes an app that puts the convenience back into driving – and makes it more fun, too.
- The app clearly lays out key diagnostics information like tyre pressures and your fuel level or oil life – at the touch of a button, anytime, anywhere.
- You can lock and unlock the doors remotely and check your car’s OK.
- Or locate your vehicle online if you can’t remember where you last parked.
STOLEN-VEHICLE ASSISTANCE. WE'LL HELP GET IT BACK.
If your car’s not where you parked it, the chances are it’s been stolen. With OnStar*, you can find out for sure. If it really has fallen into the wrong hands, we’re ideally equipped to help you get it back – because OnStar works closely with the local police.
- Once you report the theft to the police, your OnStar advisor can use the report number the police give you to launch the search for your car.
- OnStar provides the police with your Vauxhall’s location so that it can be found.
- The advisor will also remotely block the ignition to prevent the car from being restarted so it can be recovered by the police.
VEHICLE DIAGNOSTICS. BECAUSE PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE.
No more peering under the bonnet to check on your engine – if you’re not sure how your car’s doing, just ask OnStar. Systematic Vehicle Diagnostics* keep you up-to-date with the health of your car’s key data, so you can react in time and avoid unexpected repairs.
- At your request, OnStar will send you a monthly e-mail that helps keep an eye on your car. The e-mail lists vital data such as the oil life, tyre pressures and the health of some of the key systems.
- If you see a warning light in the facia, simply press the Blue Service Button. Your advisor will remotely check some of the key systems of your car like engine, transmission, emissions or airbags – and tell you if you need a technician.
DESTINATION DOWNLOAD. DIRECTIONS ON DEMAND.
Hungry? Thirsty? Need to find your way? Just press the Blue Service Button! Our advisors will provide you with the address. They can automatically download the location to your Vauxhall’s navigation unit*.
- Use the Blue Service Button to contact your OnStar advisor. They will locate your destination and send the address to your Vauxhall’s navigation unit.
- Destination Download saves you time and calms your nerves. This feature is not available for ADAM, Corsa and VIVA. An embedded Vauxhall navigation unit and map data are requirements for this service.
YOUR PRIVACY. YOUR CALL.
It's up to you, with the Privacy Button you are in control of what OnStar can and cannot do. Mask your location whenever you want and reveal it again, if you change your mind. Only in emergencies can OnStar override this, in events such as a crash or if your vehicle is stolen.
- Once you’ve registered and activated OnStar, you can access every OnStar Service. To ensure security, several services will ask for your PIN. For example, Remote Door Lock/Unlock or Stolen Vehicle Assistance.
- Press and hold the Privacy Button for approximately five seconds or until you hear an audible beep to mask your car’s location at any time. If you change your mind, press the Privacy Button again for approximately five seconds to reveal your location. Only in emergencies can OnStar override this.
- OnStar will never sell your information on. Your information will only be disclosed to OnStar and GM Holdings LLC (USA), its affiliate companies (e.g. Adam Opel AG and General Motors UK Limited), your selected/preferred retailers, companies involved in providing or carrying out the OnStar Services and, at your request, to other service companies.
THE ONSTAR BUTTONS IN YOUR CAR.
To contact OnStar, press one of three buttons:
- The Blue Service Button puts you through to an OnStar advisor – and whichever service you need.
- In an emergency, press the red SOS Button for immediate help. It gives you a priority line to an OnStar advisor who will take the action required to get support to your side.
- If you’d prefer not to let us know where you are, press and hold the black Privacy Button for approximately five seconds. This prevents OnStar locating your vehicle, except in an emergency, for example, if you’re involved in an accident or someone steals your car.
A DIRECT CALL.
Whether it’s help or information you need, simply call OnStar.
- A trained advisor will take your call round the clock.
- If you’ve lost your car keys or aren’t sure if you locked the doors, the OnStar Service Centre is there to help out.
- You can call OnStar nearly anywhere in Europe. Of course, we’ll answer in your chosen language.
If your vehicle breaks down, OnStar is there, too**.
- If you break down in a remote area or can only get a faint signal on your phone, press the Blue Service Button to talk to an OnStar advisor.
- The advisor will record your problem and dispatch a professional breakdown recovery team to your location.
Vauxhall OnStar Terms and Conditions:
*Vauxhall and Brindley Vauxhall are not responsible for the provision of the OnStar and Wi-Fi services, which are provided by OnStar Europe Limited, a GM Company. All OnStar services and Wi-Fi services will cease to be available on December 31st , 2020. No trial or paid subscriptions or services, including emergency response services, will be available after that date.
The OnStar Services and 4G Wi-Fi Hotspot require activation and are subject to mobile network coverage and availability. Wi-Fi Hotspot service requires account with nominated network operator. Charges apply after the free trial period. The OnStar subscription packages could be different from the services included in the free trial package. Check Vauxhall.co.uk/OnStar for details of availability, coverage and charges, or ask your Brindley Vauxhall to find out more. Terms and conditions apply. For your Wi-Fi Hotspot you will get a free data trial period of 3 months or 3 GB (whatever comes first). After the trial, you can purchase Wi-Fi Hotspot data packages separately. Please contact Brindley Vauxhall for more information and guidance. Vauxhall are not responsible for the provision of OnStar services or Wi-Fi services. OnStar Services require activation and account OnStar Europe Ltd, (a GM Company). Wi-Fi services require additional account with OnStar Europe Limited’s mobile network operator supplier. All services subject to mobile network coverage and availability. Use of OnStar services (except Wi-Fi) is free of charge for 12 months from registration date or delivery of vehicle, whichever comes first. Wi-Fi trial has a time limit and capped data allowance. Charges apply after expiry of applicable trial periods. Check http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/onstar/onstar.html for service limitations and charges. Every effort has been made to ensure that the contents of this page are accurate. Vauxhall vehicles are equipped with components manufactured by various Vauxhall operating units and outside suppliers. The Company reserves the right to alter specifications and withdraw products from sale without notice. Any such alterations will be notified to Vauxhall retailers at the earliest opportunity; **please consult Brindley Vauxhall for the latest information. The availability of certain services can vary per country. All rights reserved. No part of this page may be reproduced in any form or by any means, without the prior written permission of Vauxhall Motors Limited.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the contents of this page are accurate. Vauxhall vehicles are equipped with components manufactured by various Vauxhall operating units and outside suppliers. The Company reserves the right to alter specifications and withdraw products from sale without notice. Any such alterations will be notified to Vauxhall retailers at the earliest opportunity; **please consult Brindley Vauxhall for the latest information. The availability of certain services can vary per country. All rights reserved. No part of this page may be reproduced in any form or by any means, without the prior written permission of Vauxhall Motors Limited.